Paruthippara is one of the quite residential areas in Thiruvananthapuram District, Kerala. It lies between Kesavadasapuram and Nalanchira. The place is around 7 km from East Fort and 3 km from Pattom. Ulloor, Muttada, Pananvila, Parottukonam and Vayalikkada are within a short distance from Paruthippara. M G College situated here is a major landmark. Medical College is easily accessible from here. Regular bus services connect Paruthippara with East Fort and Peroorkada. Trivandrum International Airport and Thiruvananthapuram Central Railway Station are the nearest airport and railhead respectively.
Mahatma Gandhi College was established in 1948 at Vadassery Amma Veedu at Perumthanni and later shifted to the present site at Paruthipara. The main building was completed in 1958 and was inaugurated by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. It is a prime collegiate institution of the NSS with 4,000 students and 12 degree and 8 PG courses. The college has a library with internet connection. It offers degree courses in English, Malayalam, Hindi, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Sociology and post graduate courses in Economics, Malayalam, Hindi, Mathematics, Physics, Botany, and Zoology.