Translate

Friday, October 15, 2010

Vazhuthacaud

Vazhuthacaud Junction




Vazhuthacaud is a bustling residential and commercial area in the heart of the capital city,
Thiruvananthapuram. It is located 2 km to the east of Statue Junction and just a km from Vellayambalam. Tall apartments and commercial establishments dot the landscape. Govt College for Women, Cotton Hill Girls Higher Secondary School, Chinmaya Vidyalaya and Carmel Girls’ High School are some of the famous educational institutions in Vazhuthacaud. The offices of All India Radio (AIR) and the HDFC Bank are situated in this part of the city. Other premier landmarks include Kalabhavan Theater, Tagore Theater and Forest Office. Azad Restaurant, Park Field and Sindhoor Restaurant are some of the best places to dine in Vazhuthacaud.
Vazhuthacaud is 3 km away from Thiruvananthapuram Central Railway Station and is about 8 km from Trivandrum International Airport.

Online Train time in Thiruvananthapuram Central Railway Station
Satellite view / Location details of Vazhuthacaud Junction 

Cotton Hill Girls' Higher Secondary School

Located at Vazhuthacaud, Govt. Higher Secondary School for Girls was started in 1935. It offers education up to the higher secondary level. The school offers both English and Malayalam medium instruction. Extra curricular activities are promoted. The school has clubs such as Science Club, Computer Club, Social Service Club, Health Club, Forestry Club, and Athletic Club

Government College for Women, Vazhuthacaud




Government College for Women, Thiruvananthapuram, is located at Vazhuthacaud. Started one hundred and fifteen years ago in 1897 as an avant garde institution for the education of women in Thiruvananthapuram, the capital of the erstwhile princely state of Travancore, H.H. The Maharaja’s College for Women Thiruvananthapuram today stands as the proved alma mater that has brought out an endless array of illustrious women. The college originally named ‘The Maharaja’s College for Girls’ was affiliated to Madras University. In 1920 the college was renamed The College for Women and was affiliated to the newly constituted Travancore University. In 1957, a year after the founding of the state of Kerala, when the University of Kerala was founded, the college was affiliated to it.

The college offers graduate courses in English, Malayalam, Hindi, History, Economics, Philosophy, Music, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology and Home Science and post graduate courses in English, Malayalam, Hindi, History, Economics, Philosophy, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Home Science - Food and Nutrition and Home Science.

Online Train time in Thiruvananthapuram Central Railway Station
Satellite view / Location details of Government College for Women